Work where others can’t.
Although the ZX26U-5 is one of our smallest excavators, it gives you big-time performance on all kinds of jobs. This machine is nimble and designed to keep its tail close to its tracks – so you can work where others can’t.
A fuel-efficient Yanmar engine that meets EPA Final Tier 4 (FT4)/EU Stage IV emission standards provides reliable and powerful performance. A spacious cab with wider, easier entry and better visibility won’t cramp your style. And maintenance is easy thanks to enhancements such as improved access to coolers. When you choose the ZX26U-5 you get the efficiency, reliability and durability Hitachi is known for.
- The Yanmar diesel engine meets EPA Final Tier 4 (FT4)/EU Stage IV emission regulations. It’s easy to maintain and requires no aftertreatment device.
- Routine checks, such as engine oil level, are quickly accomplished from the ground level, and hydraulic fluid sight gauge and see-through coolant reservoir let you quickly check levels at a glance.
- Side-by-side cooling cores resist trash build-up, and an additional steel door provides improved access for efficient cleaning.
- Spin-on filters make fluid changes quick, and extended oil intervals let you work longer.
- Unique steel cores within rubber tracks resist cracking, and large-diameter drive sprockets and track idlers make for a rock-solid undercarriage.
- Steel hydraulic lines are clamped securely, and wear resistant hoses are protected with Cordura? covering.
- Heavy-duty X-frame provides a solid, stable platform that resists material buildup.
- Versatile rubber tracks minimize ground damage and allow machines to cross virtually any terrain, including paved surfaces.
- Standard backfill blade adds versatility, enabling these compacts to grade and backfill, as well as provides extra stability.
- Go from backhoe- to excavator-style controls with just a twist of your wrist. Control-pattern selector valve is conveniently located in a compartment beneath the seat and includes a sight glass that displays the selected pattern.
- Ergonomically correct short-throw pilot levers provide smooth, precise control with less effort.
- The durable, redesigned cab meets the ISO standard for rollover protective structure (ROPS) certification. Operator station has a wide entryway, making entering and exiting the cab easier than ever.
- Swing boom and foldable travel pedals are positioned where they’re easy to operate, yet allow plenty of foot room.
- Track speeds automatically slow to low whenever a heavier load is encountered and then return to high when the load normalizes. No pedal or operator activation is required for high-speed travel.
- Easy-to-read upgraded display shows operating information, engine hours and fuel level at a glance.
13 ft 9 in ft/in
8 ft ft/in
4 ft 11 in ft/in
5 ft ft/in
6 ft 5 in ft/in
2 ft 7 in ft/in
4 ft 11 in ft/in
3 ft 11 in ft/in
15 ft 2 in ft/in
14 ft 7 in ft/in
10 ft 6 in ft/in
8 ft 6 in ft/in
9 gallons (US)
6.3 gallons (US)
Two-year/2,000-hour full-machine standard warranty
Every Hitachi machine comes with a level of comfort through our full machine standard warranty. It promises we’ll fix any defects in materials or worksmanship on our compact equipment for two years after delivery or 2,000 hours.*